The CT REALTORS Foundation arranges opportunities at CTR meetings/events for charitable giving to support our local communities. This event will include a drive for Hands on Hartford’s “Backpack Nutrition Program”.
Many kids in Hartford receive free lunch at school, but struggle to find enough to eat at home on the weekends. Through this program, backpacks containing four meals, drinks and snacks are distributed to more than 225 children at 8 local schools each Friday.
Items attendees are asked to bring with them to support this worthy cause are:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Tuna (canned in water)
- Juice Boxes
- Fruit Cups (in water)
- Apple Sauce Cups or Pouches
- Individual Snacks (pretzels, popcorn, goldfish)
- Granola Bars (NO peanuts/peanut butter, please)
- Individual Boxes of Cereal
- Oatmeal Packets
- Macaroni & Cheese Boxes or Cups
- Cans of Chicken Noodle Soup
- Individual Shelf-Stable Milk