Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms
Connecticut REALTORS® ("CTR") welcomes you. CTR provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time on this web page. CTR may also offer other services that are governed by different Terms of Service.
2. Description of Service
CTR provides users with access to a collection of resources, which may be accessed through various mediums or devices now known or hereafter developed (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements, if so, that these advertisements are necessary for CTR to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from CTR, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and other member communications, and that these communications are considered part of CTR membership and CTR members cannot opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider, Wi-Fi or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
3. Your Registration Obligations
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CTR has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CTR has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
5. Member Account, Password and Security
Members will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify CTR of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session and (c) protect your password and take reasonable measures to prevent persons who are not members of CTR from obtaining or using the password. CTR cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
6. User Conduct
You acknowledge, consent and agree that CTR may access, preserve, and disclose your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to your requests for customer service; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CTR, its users and the public.
You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by CTR and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify and hold CTR, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
8. No Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your CTR I.D.), use of the Service, or access to the Service.
You agree not to use contact information of other Members provided by the Service to transmit general solicitations, spam, advertising materials or marketing materials to another Member without that Member's consent.
The use of "spiders", "crawlers" and "scraping" is strictly prohibited.
9. Modifications to Service
CTR reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that CTR shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that CTR may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your CTR account, any associated email address, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, (g) you have engaged in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (h) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services. Termination of your CTR account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in CTR's sole discretion and that CTR shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Service.
11. Dealings With Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that CTR shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because CTR has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CTR is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that CTR shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
13. CTR's Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service contains proprietary information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by CTR or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service, in whole or in part.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CTR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- CTR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CTR OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE SERVICE. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WHO HAVE NO HISTORY OF PRIOR SEIZURES OR EPILEPSY. IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY, HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICE. IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING THE SERVICE -- DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT, OR CONVULSIONS.
15. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CTR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CTR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
16. No Third Party Beneficiaries
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
CTR may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the TOS, by either email, regular mail, or postings on the Service.
18. Trademark Information
CTR trademarks and service marks and other CTR logos and product and service names are trademarks of the Connecticut REALTORS® (the "CTR Marks"). You agree not to display or use in any manner, the CTR Marks without CTR's prior permission.
19. Notice and Procedure For Making Claims of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
CTR respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. CTR may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide CTR's Legal Department with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
CTR's Legal Department can be reached as follows:
Suite 1101, 111 Founders Plaza
East Hartford, CT 06108
By phone: (860) 290-6601
20. General Information
Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and CTR and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and CTR with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other CTR services, affiliate services, third-party content, or third-party software.
Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and CTR shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and CTR agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Hartford, Connecticut.
Please report any violations of the TOS to our Legal Department.
CTR's Legal Department can be reached as follows:
Suite 1101, 111 Founders Plaza
East Hartford, CT 06108
By phone: (860) 290-6601