As a Connecticut REALTOR member and as a NAR dues-based benefit, you are now able to get the CTR forms at no cost through the zipForm easy-to-use software.
Please read the FAQ below and watch the training videos before getting started.
- You can get tutorials at this video link.
- New Ziplogix users will need to set up a username and password to access zipForms for your future log in directly on their site.
- New ZipLogix Users: click here to create an account.
(Select CT Association of REALTORS from the drop down menu, click ORDER, and then proceed to set up a new customer account.)
- Existing ZipLogix Users: Login to your ZipformPlus account to access the forms. NOTE: Only use this link if you have previously set up a Ziplogix username and password (this is separate from your ctrealtors.com username/password.)
Questions about setting up your account or accessing the forms:
zipLogix Help Desk: (586) 840-0140
Questions specifically about the forms themselves:
Karen Malenfant, CTR's Paralegal
860-566-8678 or Karen@ctrealtors.com
Note: CTR does not provide techical support for the software product.
FAQ on the NAR Dues-Based Member Benefit – Ziplogix
1. What is the new benefit?
The NAR Board of Directors approved providing zipForm Plus (electronic forms), zipTMS (transaction management platform) and zipVault (a document storage and management product) as part of your NAR dues for a period of three years: 2016, 2017, 2018.
2. What is NOT included that is offered by ziplogix?
- Electronic signature programs – zipLogix Digital Ink® or Docusign. Either will work with the program.
- zipForm® Mobile – Works with zipForm Plus to give complete mobility on an iPad. There’s also a discounted option for Mobile Sign & Go which provides the Mobile application with unlimited signing with zipLogix Digital Ink® for $59 per year.
- Adding company forms to the product – there is an additional per-form charge for that.
- The “broker version” which ties agent forms to a company account providing the company the ability to retain and inspect forms created in zipForm® Plus.
To get pricing and to order any of those features, go to http://www.ziplogix.com or email email@example.com.
3. What if I already have the “broker version”?
There is no cost this transitional year for those who were setup for that in 2015 and earlier years. For those who want the feature now, it is a $150 annual set-up fee provided the broker is using association forms. All brokers who wish to have the expanded feature are charged $150/year starting 2017. Any brokerage using their own custom forms will also pay a per user fee per year.
4. What is the timetable?
In 2015, there were already over 8,000 REALTORS® in Connecticut using the zipLogix forms product. The product may have been part of dues and included the CTR Forms (like Litchfield), may have the local association's copyrighted forms (like Greater Hartford), or may be the vendor for Brokerage forms. The forms you get access to as part of the software product depends on your local membership and/or Brokerage firm.
Because the Connecticut Association of REALTORS® (CTR) has partnered with zipLogix since 2002, all of our CTR forms are already in the software - and we've authorized release to the entire CTR membership. The forms were updated today to include the correct copyright year 2016 and to add additional signature lines to one of the forms.
5. What forms are included in the CTR Library?
More than 70 – you can find the list at this link.
6. I am a member of Greater Hartford (GHAR), can I get their forms added to my NAR software?
GHAR forms are already on zipForm Plus and available as a NAR dues-based member benefit to their membership. In addition, GHAR will continue to provide zipLogix Digital Ink (electronic signatures) and the zipForm Mobile application as a GHAR dues-based member benefit. GHAR members will not notice a change with the transition, other than the addition of zipTMS and zipVault.
REALTORS who are not part of GHAR may purchase the GHAR library of forms for $89.95 per year by clicking "shop" from the zipForm Plus dashboard.
7. I am a member of Greater Fairfield, Ridgefield, Greater Waterbury or New Haven Middlesex, can I get their forms added to my NAR software?
Those forms are not presently in the zipForm Plus product, which is a decision for each local association that maintains its own forms as there is a cost to any association to add forms. Greater Fairfield, Ridgefield, Greater Waterbury and New Haven Middlesex are in discussions with zipLogix.
8. I am a member of Litchfield County, can I get their forms?
Those forms ARE the CTR forms, which were historically branded with the Board's logo. You will not notice a change with this transition.
9. I am a member of ECAR, can I get their forms?
ECAR has provided its forms to the ECAR membership for several years through zipForm, and their local forms will continue to be available to their members. You will not notice a change with this NAR transition.
10. How can I start using that software?
zipLogix has training videos and information on their site. Go to: http://www.zipforms.com/training/
11. What if I need customer support or have a question about the forms?
CTR will be discussing doing training sessions around the state now that the software is so widely available and because the transaction platform is so new.
zipLogix has FAQ and call-in support. CTR does not do tech support for the software product. If you are a Connecticut REALTOR and have questions about the language in the CTR forms, you can call our legal hotline at 860-566-8333. Note: only CT REALTOR members may call the legal hotline, not unlicensed personal assistants or non-members.
12. Will CTR continue to offer the forms on your site as PDF and fillable forms?
No. Now that the entire membership has access to the forms at no additional fee to them there is no longer a reason to maintain multiple versions of the same form on the CTR site. The security features and built-in identifiers on the zipForm product provide best protection for our copyrighted forms as well.
13. Do I now have rights to post or edit the language in the forms?
No. CTR retains all ownership and copyright to the forms. Members are provided a limited license to use the forms exactly as developed. There are no rights to post blank forms or to edit the boilerplate language in any way. There is an ability to strike out language but not to edit it.
14. I purchased zipForm Plus with the CTR Library in January 2016. Can I get a refund?
Yes, if the system was not yet activated to provide the CTR forms library at no additional cost in the NAR dues-based product for Connecticut REALTORS, and that is the product you purchased, you should contact sales@zipLogix.com and request a refund.